It all starts a couple of months August 1, 2011, when my friend Cynthia, I made this proposal.
Let's go to Crete?
Why not? I say.
I call on the phone a couple of friends who've been in Greece and particularly Crete and began to make inquiries.
There are a couple of times over a beer and the idea took shape. Meanwhile, over the Internet, download digital maps and other information about Crete.
Now is the Motin, in need of care to the poor. Taken 22 years, but for what we want to do absolutely need a couple of little things put right.
Let's start with the forks and mono, who need a nice overhauled.
Marco brings FUTARACE Mupo bikes (suspension) and Africa is beginning to revive.
Then it's up to the steering bearings.
The years they all feel and see, unfortunately! Bearings changed, with quite a lot of hard work and talent to assemble the kit specific for the original bearing 650 Africa Twin rd03.

Monto brings a nice bags, taken years ago on ebay and the bike and ready.
The day of departure arrived, everything is ready! we go.

The direction of Ancona, to take a nice boat Anek Lines.
Greek company that in this route, enjoys a majestic ferry, equipped with every comfort.
The route Ancona-Patras, makes a stop in Igoumenitsa, to download and upload, but this involves 23 hours of ferry.
I highly recommend to avoid deck and take a walk! I swore that over the 10 hour ferry, take the car ... I can bear below deck.
Disembark in Patras and we travel the highway, under construction for at least 130 km.
So, changing lanes from right to left, narrow lanes, a lot of trucks and buses whizzing by a few feet of you, not the maximum of life.
We arrive at Pireos and we launch into the virtually ferry that will take us to Crete.
Here the route is shorter, but the loyal Greek sailors and fussy, do not make you lay on couches until he collapses to the 01.00 and they also no longer turn to bother if you're almost pretty loose on the couch.
Again, I suggest, to avoid the couches near the bar and go directly to more distant places.
There, you can slack comfortably on the carpet, in spite of the vigilant and petulant Greek waiters.
Finally we arrive in Chania (Hania, Chania .. etc etc).
It's 6 in the morning and the temperature is high.

We stop in the first bar for breakfast.
We remain amazed at the amount of people, even young people who already walk the wee hours of dawn.
We are in front of the general market, which set in a beautiful square.
Without breakfast, do the last 40 miles that separate us from the starting point for the various exploratory laps we have in mind.
We avoid the new road and head on that coast.
It seems to be along the beach in Riccione, full of bars, clubs, games ... only drawback is that on the one hand you do not see the sea, only houses, buildings, hotels, bars, locali.sigh sigh.
Proceeding towards the base, the landscape gradually begins to improve, larger space, fewer houses, the sea will come quite easily, in fact, beginning to like Crete.
And soon to introduce in the apartment and decide to begin the zingaraggio, looking lost in the bay!
As it turned, after a few miles of asphalt in the pit, we take a dirt road that becomes unpaved and as we come here after a 15in of miles of dirt road, although quite challenging, in a lonely little bay.
We Cynthia I, two sleeping on rocks in the bay and one million goats.
Show!
We take off our clothes and we set off in the Greek first soak in water.
It's a wonder this bay, pebbles and rocks, water the beauty of heart attack and transparency.
A couple of hours and go back on our feet.
Here is a network of dirt roads that you readily loses.
You pass a myriad of civilians, beehives and small churches.
There a living soul for miles, the landscape is breathtaking, everywhere you turn c is something to see.
Impressive, not the roccia.Una so I had never seen, is very strange.
Jagged and sharp, the only way is either to walk on dirt or you must be a goat.
14 and we are in search of signs of Booking.com appartamento.Dalle, should be almost in the center .... It will prove to be false!
The place is about 1.5 km from the town of Kissamos.Il rooms on the first impact is much smaller than the photos seen on the site, but after an initial site inspection, will be a great posticcino.
Away from the noise, overlooking the sea, fresh beds short space .. perfect!

This holiday was designed to see breathtaking beaches, to make a reasonable number of miles to the tracks of Crete, was so happy to Cynthia and my hunger for discovery and was satisfied strerrato
So I do not say anything new, in town promoting some of the west coast of Crete, starting from the north-west to south.
Balos:
To get to Balos, you must take a dirt road some km.Ad some point you get to a location where you have to pay the biglietto.mi seems 2 euros for 2 people and the bike.
Still continuing a mile, you reach a clearing with annes bar.
From here you can take two to Balos direzioni.A left to right for ... .... The bike parked along a street about a mile.
After a flat part of the road begins to descend toward the mare.Da this position you can make great photos.
At the bottom you'll enjoy a high bay with crystal clear water a little more than a couple of cm.Il place would be great if it were not covered with patches of tar several inches too high.
Unfortunately, the bay is closed then stops at a pile of dirt.
Here we can also be reached by ferry organized.
Falassarna:
beach ocher sandstone / yellow, with areas equipped and free zones.
Showers on the beach and cafes. Clear water, clean sea
Palihora or Paleocora:
to the north beach of sand, rocks and then sassi.spiagge equipped tutto.docce and cafes
South Zone, equipped pebble beaches and cafes. Showers.
Continuing south, beach pebble free.
A couple of kilometers to the south, pebble, which is equipped libera.due bar, well served very beautiful!
To note the beauty of the citadel, and in the evening / night, comes to life in all its streets, and each room after closing the street, puts out a bevy of tables that fill in a few minutes.
Superb!
From the port for ferries to various locations including the Santa Maria Canyon.
Sougia:
beautiful place, beautiful pebble beach, bars and risorantini.
Freekettoni nudist beach.
From here ferries to various locations including the Santa Maria Canyon.
Very quiet.
Elafonissi:
beautiful sea! Beach white, pink and blacks volcanic pebbles.
A must go.
Bars, beaches, parks.
Frangostello:
beach below the castle and equipped with small bar, ocher sandstone / yellow.
Not particularly bella.Andando south for a mile along the coast, arriving on the formation of dunes mare.Li is in my opinion much more beautiful.
Location somewhat 'wasteland.
Looking at the map, including these towns there are numerous bays, stones, pebbles or rock, where you can enjoy a swim in solitaria.Basta follow the coastal road and every path to the sea, taking it to discover novel views of Crete.
But the most wild and beautiful little bay, and here! (N35 39,868 E23 46,095)

Motorcycles and equipment:
Africa twin 650 03 rd of '89.
Tris givi rack and bags + tank bag bmw 1200rt, which is fine on Africa.
Tires: Dunlop K660 post, front Michelin Sirach
Dunlop K660 is a great rubber, that do not dire.ottimo gusset, very good grip on asphalt (Greek), great off-road (tested on sharp stones and dry) tire pressure always 2.2atm. (I think it is the only tire for rd03 comply with the code, and a further point in its favor ;-))
The Michelin Sirach, behaved equally well on asphalt and on dirt roads, always kept at 2.2 atm
Km covered: about 2000 -2200, broken asphalt in the 60/70% 30/40% dirt
Drawbacks encountered: he unscrewed the wire on the speedometer, promptly put back in place and locked with a plastic band.

visit the photo here
http://sterronauti.altervista.org/gallery/Creta2011/

visit the original post here
http://sterronauti.altervista.org/pagina-489693.html

bye bye see you later: Okeyy: